Sid Shah and Commissioner Hagan announcing the approval of the right turn lane into Cory Lake Blvd from Morris Bridge Road.
My first two terms were productive. I….
- Successfully collaborated with County Commissioner Ken Hagan on the right hand turn lane into our community on Morris Bridge Road.
- Advocated to County officials and Commissioner Hagan for more safety measures on Morris Bridge Road, and was granted a Sheriff substation not far from our MB entrance/exit.
- Convinced county officials to administer two Covid 19 vaccine drives to CLI residents when vaccines were limited. We were one of the few communities in Florida to receive such a privilege. This was followed up by three more local pharmacist-led drives for our community.
- Supported a civil action against Republic Waste for damaging a section of our roads leading to a generous six-figure settlement.
- Spearheaded a project to install the flagpole, and initiated the annual Veterans Day celebration at the Beach Club to honor our Cory Lake veterans.
- Started the Cory Lake Isles International Food and Arts Festival.
- Advocated for making the club house rental more accessible by limiting closed days from 14 to 3 days.
- Initiated shaving ferns on resident palm trees annually by the CDD.
- Enhanced CDD communication to the community by implementing CDD Facebook page and regular email blasts to the community.